Bachelors by 30?

Monday, December 05, 2005

I really can't say much, but....

It has been over a month since my older brother updated his blog. I have been the high side of two weeks. I had meant to update it last week but didn't finish my project, and then this weekend was horrid.

Anyhow, my project.

Nothing much this time. I finally made an Amazon.com wishlist. That's it. Search for my name on Amazon and you'll get my wishlist.

The more meaningful thing that comes of this is my project for next year (with a January birthday that's just too close). I've mentioned before the desire to move to programming, and now I have something I actually want to write. I want to figure out how to create an amazon wishlist that is comprised of links using my amazon associates account. Granted, this is a relatively simple web-building project more than an actual programming project, but I'd like to automate it to the point that you get a browser add-in that lets you search for items on amazon.com, and then when you get to the item/page you want you simply select a drop-down menu object or a button and it gets added to a wishlist. When someone browses your wishlist, clicks a link, and buys it you would then be credited with the sale as an amazon associate. Of course, this may kill some surprise if you do not have the fortitude to not look at what you've sold coming up on the holidays, but then again the regular wishlist is the same thing.

So, that's my project. I don't know that I'll finish it for next year, but after I graduate I will theoretically develop a little more time...

3 Comments:

  • Yeah, I'm running way behind on my blog(s), but I haven't forgotten about them. Between work, school, and home, I just haven't been able to complete an entry, though I do have a list of topics for both blogs in the queue. I am also considering taking my idea for a third blog and wraping it into the two existing ones. It's actually the 'end product' which the other two were/are 'experiments' for, and I'm really excited about it, but in order to get things going, it may be best to work w/what I've got. You'll see what I mean when I'm ready to 'take the wraps off.'
    As to your idea, sounds like a good first project. Let me say this: "Ruby on Rails." Then let me say this: "Ruby on Rails." (Yes, I just said the same thing twice.) Check it out, it is the best web development platform I've looked into. I'll definately be converting my php project over during semester break. Just in case you missed it, "Ruby on Rails" is what you're looking for ;-)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:42 PM  

  • So I updated my "Andrew Myhr" wish list to point people to my real 'a.myhr' wishlist, which has 12 pages of options.

    I see a trend in yours, expecting a little one? ;-)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:30 AM  

  • No, no little one's on the way - but perhaps we might find ourselves with more time to "borrow" little ones from family and friends over the next couple years?

    By Blogger Adam Myhr, at 8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home